Danish Working Environment Authority
Danish Working Environment Authority is an agency under the auspices of the Ministry of Employment. The Danish Working Environment Authority is the authority which contributes to the creation of safe and sound working conditions at Danish workplaces. The agency is responsible for administering the Working Environment Act in Denmark, and guides companies on health and safety rules at the workplace.
- AT-Instructions 4/2007 and 11/2008
- It is mandatory to implement a measurable setup for local evacuation of harmful substances, such as surgical smoke.
- Such a setup must be equipped with a monitoring feature to indicate if the evacuation system's suction is inadequate.
- Surgical smoke should be removed with local evacuation and as close to the source as possible.
- The filtered air must lead out into the open (read: outside the OR).